Experience and qualifications:
- Licence to design without limitations in the field of architecture,
- 5+ years of professional experience in all phases of the design process – from conceptual to executive design, on-site supervision, aministrative procedures related to obtaining building permit,
- 2+ years of team management experience ,
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in spoken and written English (German will be an extraordinary advantage),
- Exeptional organizational skills, ability to work under time pressure (competitions).
Essential skills and work approach:
- Passionate for architecture, keeping track of new projects, architectural competitions, design theories, garphic approach,
- Appreciation for the values and design method of Baumschlager Eberle and the issues of sustainable architekcture and construction,
- Knowledge of materials, construction technologies, legal regulations in Poland – constantly updated,
- Extraordinary care for project presentations and a sensitive eye for details and accuracy,
- Ability to define key project goals and to motivate and encourge team members to work towards them.
- Leading a team of architects working on conceptual projects, several in paralel,
- Keeping the work plan of the conceptual design department, skilful division of tasks, delegation and effective verification of the team's work,
- preparation and control of budgets and project schedule,
- Cooperation and maintaining relations with subcontractors of BE DDJM Architekci, coordinating the work of external consultants, specialists and designers, verifying documentation, conducting multibranch coordination and enforcing the timely submission of information necessary to implement the project within the assumed schedule and scope,
- Searching for and developing design solutions - aesthetic, technical and material - at every stage of the project, adequately to the design phase and contract requirements,
- Supervision over projects and defining the scope and schedule of formal and legal matters (administrative procedures) of projects, including:
- Coordination of the process of preparing design documentation at the stages of feasibility study, absorptivity analysis, architectural concepts, competition concepts;
- Support and advice for leading architects after the projects have been handed over for further implementation (stages of a multi-discipline concept, construction design, tender design, executive design);
- Defining the goals of the project, developing project ideas and substantive and aesthetic supervision over the preparation of the presentation for the client;
- Searching for and developing technical solutions and preliminary material specification to be used in projects and presented in a presentation for the client;
- Verification and approval of the design documentation developed by the team in terms of compliance with the law and BE DDJM standards;
- Cooperation with a team of architects and mentors from Baumschlager Eberle companies (in English);
- Ongoing recruitment for the department and evaluation of the work of individual members of the project team;
- Supporting the Management Board in the preparation of offers for design works.
BE DDJM Architekci offers:
- work with interesting projects of public utility buildings (cultural, office, etc.) and housing architecture;
- place of work in the historic Popiels’ Palace, in the historic center of Krakow;
- employment based on an employment contract;
- medicover medical care package;
- work in an international environment of architects, possibility of training and professional development within the Baumschlager Eberle group.
Please send your portfolio (up to 10 MB) and CV in PDF format to praca(at)be-ddjm.com.
Do not attach links to google discs, wetransfer links, etc. – they will not be open.